Friday 13 July 2012

ALL OUT

Today has been a strange day but good day. Strange in that, in our busy city of Nairobi people have forgotten how to walk on the streets!!!It was a really frustrating experience considering the fact that I was in a hurry (I'm sure we can all know how it feels). First I bumped into a lot who were just sauntering around town, crab walking and blocking the way. Then met another category who were walking in groups and filling the whole road-I mean, where are we supposed to walk?!NKT! As if that was not enough the last category was most annoying: those who were moving like they knew where they were going then suddenly realized that they going nowhere!! As in ReallY?!!I felt like knocking them and putting up a new law for pedestrians-how to walk on pathways and knowing where you are going. In fact I even felt like going all out on writing a book on street etiquette and the importance of knowing where YOU are going.

Good in that it ended up nicely.Finished a project on time. Okay, sort of. I finished but when I was about to print it out a lecturer came into the room demanding people get out of the class and he switched of the printer. :-( Eventually persuaded him to let me print it and I handed it on time-yay! Met up with a buddy of mine and caught up as we downed 'smokie pasua' ( best darn smokies this side of the Sahara) and had a good walk-out. That was nice and eventually had a big beautiful ice cream cone with mother dearest. Lovely.


On the downside, I have an assignment due Saturday :-( I'm supposed to write a story not less than 1500 words-sadly I've not got the burst or inspiration I was hoping for. For the piece we need to study, do research and for me,that's taking out the fun out of writing feel. Additionally, I feel tired&burn out. I know I have to do it, but it's hard. I've been psyching myself up the whole night but nothing doing. I thought that by the time I was done writing this I'd feel pumped but clearly that has not happened. Bummer!I'm giving myself 10 more min, if nothing changes I'll just go to bed and get started tomorrow. Risky, I know-you don't have to repeat it.


Today's piece had no definite direction, it was just a pull out of different experiences.Hope you enjoyed the read.

Till the next time,
Theng'e: Signing Out!

1 comment:

  1. haha! This reminded me of the day we were walking in town with you and I was so frustrated I clapped my hands and yelled, "Move!"
    Was so surprised when it worked! ;)

    ReplyDelete