Monday 16 January 2012

My Day With Me

Well, it is late into the night, in fact it has gone into morning. Honestly,I didn't feel like writing anything today (rather felt like writing but had no drive) but my devotion to consistency made me write. Today has been an okay day. Church was really good. The service leader/ m.c. did a great job which really challenged me. I'm supposed to service lead next week and I'm still getting the hang of it. Now that the bar has been  raised and quite high. Still in the process of  figuring out what angle to take so that it will be interesting, informative and inspirational if not challenging.
 
Dawamu High School made my day. Those kids have too much swag. Watching them dance and show off their moves was exciting and it was fun to dance along; at least try imitating their awesome moves. Of course I cannot forget the accapella group- 'Ladies and Gentlemen'!!!! Too awesome!People can really sing.
The whole experience was one of those that takes you back and makes you feel as if you were part of an awesome movie.

After church got to hang out with some pals. It has been so long since I did that! It was refreshing. Seeing old faces of people I consider dear was really special and brought back a lot of memories of 'back in the day'. :-) This is when there would be so many plans and hanging out was such a thrill.Times spent with friends was full of joy and laughter, silly things we would do and food( this was the main attraction. It didn't matter if your broke or not somehow everyone would be sorted out. Miracles do happen. ;-) ). Simply 'wow' moments. 

Spent the rest of the day with a close friend of mine, catching up and strolling in the late afternoon sun. It was lovely. The sun was just right; not too hot. The scenery was also magnificent; tall green trees planted neatly one after the other. The wind blew softly as if teasing the branches and beckoning them to dance.

All in all it was a lovely day.

Till the next time: Theng'e signing out!

No comments:

Post a Comment