Friday 13 January 2012

RE-RESOLUTIONS...AHEM!


Earlier when the year began I was so excited. I felt like there was a whole lot of world to see and conquer; so many new experiences just waiting to be experienced. This was the year that I was going to break even on my resolutions, goals-call them whatever you may. This would be the year I achieve most if not all of them. Halfway down the first month that feeling quickly left me and was replaced by feelings of tension, irritation and a hint of 'I give up!'
Honestly, I had planned to do lots-action not just words, seriously. For starters I wanted to get my blog up and running consistently-that is the key word. Earlier last year I started the blog but I had nothing to show for it. I also wanted to re-jumpstart my ornament making business (at least keep it going bi-monthly). This for me would be a source of income on the side. In addition I wanted to get back to my guitar lessons and fully master that instrument then I could finally make music on my own (and without ANY restrictions.) More importantly, I wanted to grow spiritually and build my relationship with God (make it stronger). I hoped to achieve this through putting more time into Bible reading and prayer time. Sound nice, doesn’t it?
The truth of the story is that aside from the blog I haven’t started on any of my resolutions. It gets worse when I remember that I still have more goals to achieve. The blog alone is a hassle. Sometimes I do not have pieces to write or cannot access my blog and it is frustrating. The ornament business simply remains as an ambition. I don’t feel psyched or motivated to even touch a bead. Worst still are the latter two. My guitar gets out of my bag once in a while but I get bored rather quickly because I just want to get into the music making process and cut this long route to it. As for my spiritual growth I need strength and grace. I still pray when I wake up and before I sleep but that was not my goal. I wanted to be waking up early (around 6a.m. or so) and get on with Bible reading and prayer then and work on elongating the time I spend with God but laziness and flesh gets the better of me. I wake up late and spend time on other things then realize too late that the day is long gone and find that I am too tired to read the Bible. All this frustrates me and makes me wonder if I will get far in achieving my goals.
Someone may say, ‘Ay, you are worrying too much-it’s only January,’ Granted, but if I don’t get a move on, the year will go by just as fast and I will be singing the same old song, ‘Oh I didn’t get anything done-WAIL!’ The good news is that I have not lost all hope yet but have realized the serious need to strategize. Sure, anyone can have goals and resolutions and they may be lovely. However, without strategy there is nothing-doing.

My plan for this week, at least the remaining bit is to strategize and SMART.  Specific, Measurable Achievable Reachable and Timely that is, within a time frame. In addition, I want to split my goals into minor and major goals and work out the objectives to achieving them one day at a time. There is still hope and a bright year ahead(minus 13days), let’s make the most of it.  On with it then!!

 Till the next time:Theng’e signing out!



No comments:

Post a Comment