Tuesday 3 January 2012

New Year: New Things

Today is the 3rd of Janvier 2012.  Happy New Year to one and all. Congratulations on reaching thus far.They said that this would be the year that the world would end. I guess we will just have to wait and see, won' t we?

That said, 2011 came and went. There were big bangs: both good and bad, highs and lows that left us in one state or another and to that we say 'good bye'. Now, a new year has come and for some strange reason, I and many others feel very excited and optimistic about this year.

Unlike the past years, 2012 seems to hold a lot of promise and great things in store. Targets look achievable, opportunities seem to be endless and there is a sense of purpose in the wind. People are now chanting to themselves the famous President Obama's buyline,'Yes, I can'.  Indeed, We Can- achieve all we want to and why not? We just need to determine ourselves to do so and commit it to God to see us through. For me, this is what I will be telling myself this year round,

'Yes, this is the year that I (WILL) set out on my path. GET UP on MY OWN two feet (and with GOD), stretch out and reach for the stars....and grab them. No landing on the clouds or on rooftops for me. No compromise. At least, not this year. What I say I will do, I will do- God help me.'
Miriam Mathenge. 3/01/12


Early in the morning, the rising of the sun marks the dawning of a new day. With the it comes new hopes, dreams and desires. In this year,2012, as the new days dawn in our lives may we reach out for our aspirations and truly work towards achieving them for nothing is impossible:with God eveything is possible.

Till next time: Theng'e signing out!

No comments:

Post a Comment